I realize it has been approximately ninety-eleven daysmonthsyearswhatever since I've been posting. Sorry about that. February was awful, and March was bad, and I had nothing clever to say. It was just dark and icky, and I had nothing to say. So I didn't waste your time.
However, here's a little catching up.
- There have been MANY trips to various doctors in the past 8 weeks. So far, I have fibromyalgia (which I already knew) and at least 15 ulcers because I'm a complete overachiever, and there are approximately four children in my house with varying degrees of constipation. None of these facts are particularly awesome.
- Also not particularly awesome: my migraine meds are a no-no now that I have ulcers, as is spicy food, tomatoes, anything with fat in it, and coffee.
- Elliott Samuel, my most darling of darling babies, turned 2 this week. We celebrated by going to a total of 4 doctor appointments, blowing our noses, doing nebulizer treatments, taking tylenol and going to bed early.
- Elliott Samuel, my most unsleeping of darling babes, who just turned 2 this week, also just began the beautiful practice of SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT. Mostly. Which means I've had to get up one time on two non-consecutive nights in the past 8 days.
- Last week was really sucky, but I got a little something in the mail from her, and a totally awesome dessert from her, and sat for an afternoon with her, and this guy cleaned my car, and my mother-in-law cared for the short people for about 20 hours because she's nice. And, as if that is not enough, there were more lovely things that happened, like phone calls from people who noticed I've not been myself, and my MOPS mamas showing up on my doorstep with dinner. I feel like I am forgetting something, but believe me, it's not from lack of gratitude, it's from the migraine I've not been able to shake for a day and a half. I'm blessed.
- Henry loves chickens. I may have mentioned this before. IN LOVE. I ordered our meat birds and a few more layers because our laying hens are not actually LAYING EGGS and I think they should visit the pot but it doesn't actually seem to matter what I think because NOBODY WILL KILL THEM. So I will just purchase more and more hens until someone is forced to take drastic measures. I digress. Henry caught me perusing the online catalog of chickenry and squee-ed and shouted LOOK AT THE NAKED NECKS!!!! LOOK AT THE NAKED NECKS!!! And so I did and he swooned and now we own a naked neck hen. The end.
- More Henry. Kid crawled up in my lap yesterday, wrapped his arms around my neck and said, Mama, I love you more than Elliott does. I think you should know this.
- Homeschooling. We are doing that thing, still. The latest in a long line of objections and attempts to not do school is this: But I can't find a pencil. And yes, with extra whine and a side of whiney sauce. It's really difficult to find a pencil in my house, I assure you. Extraspecially challenging considering there is an enormous box with the word PENCILS written on it in extra-wide Sharpie, and that said box is filled to the brim with at least 200 brand new pencils.
- Just now noticing that I haven't mentioned the Wee Man yet... He has mastered drama, congrats to him. Also, he would like me to do a criteria-unspecified Lego contest on my blog, and he would like to play old-school Super Mario Brothers on the Wii all day long. Finally, he can beat the Sudoku game on my phone in under 5 minutes. We're working on that. Except the Sudoku. I can't have my 5 year old beating me at Sudoku.
- And The Mister. The Mister ________________(verb) a ______________ (adjective) ___________________(noun) sometime before ____________________ (event) and we are not __________________________ (verb) very __________________________(adverb).
- The Mister also introduced the phrase "Polish bubblebath" into the short people's vernacular this week.
That's the news. And please, for the love of teh interwebs. Tell me what's up with you. I'm not up on your stories and goings-on, and I want to make sure you're all still here.