- I am the mother of an 8 year-old. Yes, I did see this one coming, but wow, man. This means I'm very nearly halfway through with Intensive Parenting, and sometimes I don't know if I'm scoring or flunking.
- The cramps. I have not had cramps in, well, approximately nine years. But today I have cramps, and holy WAAAAAAAHHHHHH, people. It's like a contraction. THAT NEVER ENDS. But not as bad as a contraction, except for the part where IT NEVER ENDS.
- And in an epic case of bad timing, I have decided to cut the gluten from my diet this week. This will eventually work out, but right now the emotional eater in me wants to have at some doritos.
- I got new glasses. And new contacts, which the doctor almost wouldn't prescribe for me because I'm a Contact Abuser. You know you're a real piece of work, contact-wise, when the doctor at the flipping WA.LM.ART gives you a hard time about being a piece of work.
- Miss O got her first pair of glasses. Pictures soon, I promise. The computer has become unnaturally fond of my camera card and will not eject it. Tee hee. Good one, computer. This is why I hate you.
- HB and I got to spend some quality time at the doctor's office and in the X-Ray and Lab Work Center at our local hospital. No, he does not have pneumonia, and yes, he did rather enjoy his chest x-ray, thank you very much.
- We took a multi-family trip to the Strong National Museum of Play last week, where I got into a conversation with one of the employees about Bacon Jam and Peanutella. Because I cannot help myself, that's why. Also, I received a dirty look whilst breastfeeding my large baby who is almost two in my Boba Carrier, despite the fact that not a peep of skin was exposed. Oddly enough, the hairy eyeball came from the companion of a woman who literally exposed six inches of her ass crack every time she sat down and bent over. And no, no tramp stamp. Also no evidence of undergarments. You're welcome.
- Elliott learned how to say cocoa. We're all very proud.
- Wee Man has taught himself to read. I cannot remember if I've shared this little tidbit with you yet, so whoopsie if I have. One day, we were sitting at the kitchen table. I was knitting madly, as I am wont to do whilst homeschooling and not beating my children, and the people were doing math. (Saxon grade 1 for Wee Man, Saxon grade 3 for Miss O, in case you were wondering.) And out of nowhere, I hear, Color the squares blue. Color the triangles yellow. Draw an X on the circle. Well. How about that.
- There are some things brewing at the homestead that are not quite Suitable For The Interwebs, well, not just yet anyway. No, there are no babies brewing. I figure I had better address that specifically, because I know how you people are. Regardless, we'd appreciate any prayers and kind thoughts you would care to toss our way. And yes, I will tell you if you email me, and then it will all make sense.
|I look exceptionally toothy here, and my hair is kind of a disaster.|
Aren't I just like a woman to say that?
|demonstrating his own personal sign language for "drink".|
and grinning madly, because, hello! hot cocoa!