Wednesday, February 20, 2008

wondering

MyGirl: Mommy, how are Rachel and Harley doing?

(Rachel and I were pretty much the best of friends during college, she was my maid of honour at our wedding, was at the hospital when MyGirl and NumberOneSon were born. Harley is her black lab.)

Me: I don't know. I haven't heard from her in a while.

MyGirl: Well, did something happen to her?

Me: I don't know. I wish I did.

MyGirl: Can't you try to find out?

Me: I tried, babe. I called her lots of times, sent her some cards and letters. She just didn't answer.

MyGirl: Maybe she's sad.

Me: Maybe she is.

MyGirl: You should tell someone when you're sad. You know, so you can get some hugs and figure it out.

Me: That's right.

MyGirl: Maybe she wants a husband. Does she have one of those guys?

Me: I don't think so. I know that she used to want one, so she probably still does, I guess.

MyGirl: Maybe that's why she's sad. Maybe she needs a good friend. We're supposed to be good friends to others.

Me: Yep. We're supposed to do that.

MyGirl: Well you should do that, then. I really miss her.

It's kind of funny, but I was thinking about Rachel at the moment MyGirl started asking me about her. I wish I knew what was up. I tried and tried to find out, but she made it pretty obvious that she was done with me.

There are a few questions in my life that I don't have the answers to, or information about, three to be specific. The first is my dad. The second is my biological parents. The third is Rachel. They are sort of linked: I was dumped by all three.

I don't ever expect to find out the truths of any of those situations. And that is sad.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know about this site until today. What a day to be told about it.

    All I know is that it is a whole lot more difficult to come back than it is to leave.

    And no matter what I think now, I don't exactly know what it was that happened...just that things were really hard and I was ill-equipped to deal with them.

    So I guess that I post this now so that you know that it is not because I don't think of you or your beautiful family. In fact, being part of it was one of the experiences that gave me such joy.

    I am sorry that things have happened the way that they did. I'm not sure that I can be everything that you want me to be and I don't want to feel bad about that.

    And as for dear sweet Olivia, I really miss her too. And if Har could talk with more than her puppy dog eyes, she'd say the same thing.

    ReplyDelete

talk to me, people. because you know i get all giddy when you do.