Friday, May 23, 2008

overheard in a public bathroom

I know the title alone will bring me traffic.

Yesterday, whilst using it alone (and by alone, I mean, nobody else actually in the stall with me) at the Strong Museum, I heard the following conversation:

Little girl, probably 5 years old, most likely with a January birthday: I've got you.

Little boy, probably 2 years old, most likely with a July birthday: Wift me up a wittle higher.

Girl: Okay. I'm lifting you.

Boy: Am I high enough? Can I go?

Girl: You're up. Pee. PEE!!!

Boy: Okay.

(then I heard the sound)

Girl: OH MY GOODNESS!!! HE IS PEEING EVERYWHERE!!! IT'S ON THE TOILET!!! IT'S ON THE FLOOR!!! HE PEED EVERYWHERE!!! GROOOOOSSSSSS!!!

Boy, with a sorry voice: No I peed in the toilet.

Girl: Mommy, hurry up and get out of there, because we've got a mess to clean up over here.

I thought I recognized those little voices.

3 comments:

  1. How on earth did you manage to solo-stall it? I think Ellie was . . who am I kiddin. . . we STILL share a stall. .. .

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA this was too hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, again, you really make me laugh. I also like wine. Winery tour anyone?
    XOXO
    Joce

    ReplyDelete

talk to me, people. because you know i get all giddy when you do.