Sunday, July 6, 2008

lesson of the week: shut up.

Despite my feelings for the POTUS, and as embarrassing as I have found many of the statements and policies he has made, I was disgusted by a speech he gave on the Fourth of July. Not by what he said, mind you; I was disgusted by the heckler(s) in the audience.




President Bush was speaking at Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson, at a ceremony for immigrants who were taking part in the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Naturalization Ceremony. And some assholes people decided to exercise their right to free speech, which, to his credit, the President was fairly pleasant about at the beginning of the ceremony.

Seriously, you mocking people should be ashamed of yourselves. And for the record, I couldn't even understand you on the video. But even if I could, I wouldn't discuss what you said with my readers, RUDE BASTARDS, YOU!!! It would be a colossal waste of my time to attempt to explain how mocking the president in that situation was really mocking America, and mocking the immigrants, people who have worked really hard and must truly believe in this country to want to be official citizens. Here's another little tidbit for you to chew on: he's been the president for 8 years now, he's not going to go away or do things differently because you opened your big, moronic yap on national television. But thanks for playing.

So, in honour, or in retribution for, your enormous stupidity and flagrant rudeness and for ruining the first day as an American, I give my readers the first Dayton Time Lesson of the Week.

Shut up. SHUT. UP.

Good luck, young Jedi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me, people. because you know i get all giddy when you do.