Friday, January 1, 2010

resolute.

At the risk of sounding like a heartless so-and-so, I must admit that I don't actually care that it's turned 2010. I just don't.

Honestly, I care more at this very instant that HB is removing the diapers from the drying rack and throwing them on the floor so that he can play guitar. Yes, the drying rack is a guitar. Also he is throwing a screaming fit... because he's three... but I don't care about that.

I'm so over the whole resolution thing. Not that I'm unilaterally opposed to self-improvement, I just find the making-of-the-impossible-dream-list to be stressful and NOT RIGHT NOW, HB, IT'S MY TURN ON THE COMPUTER. To which he screams back GO GET THE BABY!!!!!

It might boil down to the not-wanting-to-fail-myself thing, or the what-if-I-find-something-better-to-do thing, or the I-have-four-small-children thing.

But. Because I know you're just DYING for me to make a small list, so here are three things about which I will be resolute.

I will strive to not forget the wet laundry in the washing machine.

I will strive to use my indoor voice unless it is absosmurfly necessary that I use the Bad Dog Voice.

I will eat more popcorn.


So there. Happy Same Life, Different Number.


2 comments:

  1. excellent resolutions, all three. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a Bad Dog voice, which is deep and not shrill. Happy new year to the Dayton clan!

    ReplyDelete

talk to me, people. because you know i get all giddy when you do.