Thursday, March 25, 2010

a tiny little update

Remember back a few months ago, when the year changed its number from 2009 to 2010? Think hard, I know some of you might have been a little bit tipsy, and the exact moment may be super fuzzy in your heads.

I posted a somewhat snarky view of New Year's Resolutions.

I'm guessing you don't remember that, either, hmmmm???

Anyway, here's my quarterly update on the State of Things.

Goal #1: I will strive to not forget the wet laundry in the washing machine.

I'm quite pleased to say that I have only forgotten, and needed to re-wash, two loads of laundry since the first of the year. That is a huge improvement, and saves a ton of money, especially considering the price of water has more than doubled.

Verdict: YAY, ME!!!

Goal #2: I will strive to use my indoor voice unless it is absosmurfly necessary that I use the Bad Dog Voice.

I think I've been showing improvement in this area, mostly because I'm keeping the short people busier, and away from things with screens and moving pictures, and being more proactive with the behavior situations.

Except for this very minute, as I am typing this, because Wee Man and HB are having a MOVIE REST which involves them getting off the couch every point zero five seconds to practice their Wooshy-Finger-Holds (skah-DOOOOOSH!). MOVIE REST = FAIL.

Verdict: no verdict. The jury is still out on this one.

Goal #3: I will eat more popcorn.

I can't actually admit to you the amount of popcorn we have consumed in the past nearly-three months. I just can't out myself like that. But it is a healthy, whole-grain snack, and that is all I have to say about that. It has to be super good for me, as I've lost over 10 pounds since January, and the number of pounds of popcorn that has been consumed here is well over twice the amount I've lost.

Popcorn, it's the new diet plan.

Verdict: YAY, ME!!!!! And also? YAY, ME!!!

10 comments:

  1. I always admired parents that can stay on an even keel, even when their children are being all whack-a-doodle. My former teaching partner has four kids, and she is sooo patient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I ALWAYS leave wet laundry in the washer :0( until it smells and then i have to re wash it!!

    Love the indoor voice goal to! i want my kids to have that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I must eat more popcorn. Is it a special kind?

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...popcorn. I never would have thought. Great job on keeping up with the laundry switcharoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm popcorn... sounds like a good diet plan to me... i should try that! scratch that... Plan put into action... NOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just impressed you remembered your resolutions. Oh wait, cheater. You wrote them down!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOOHOOO way to go, YOU!

    Hows your little guy doing? I haven't read any updates on Twitter. Hope all is well!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK....how do you eat said popcorn? Butter? Salt? And with what do you drink while consuming?
    I need to start this diet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. seriously? popcorn? that's what i've been needing to eat all along.

    ReplyDelete

talk to me, people. because you know i get all giddy when you do.