Friday, March 14, 2008

pi day

Today is Pi Day (3.14, and if you don't know what pi is, please click the link. As ever, I am here to further your enlightenment.), and we celebrated by sharing a good meal with good friends, and a chaser of good pie. I got the idea for having a Pi Day Celebration here, after we had already planned to spend the evening shouting at our friends across the kitchen table, you know, over the Child Caucophony.

The Big Plan was to make pot pie or shepherd's pie for dinner, but as my ambition was whittled away, the plan shifted to my favorite homemade mac and cheese recipe and salad, with this Naughty, Naughty Chocolate Pie with whipped cream (yes, made that, too, because once you do, Drool Whip just isn't an option), and a Williams-Sonoma classic: Fresh Pineapple Cream Pie.

Yum. Yum. Extra Yum.

Also yum and extra yum, and the mostest yum of all: sitting across the table from important people, sure they're important people, but mostly, they are important to me. And next to important people (The Mister and Number One Son), and within spitting distance of HB (read: close enough for him to spit on me); and close enough to My Girl to watch her thoroughly enjoy the whipped cream on her Naughty Pie.

I love me my people. Yes siree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me, people. because you know i get all giddy when you do.