Tuesday, April 29, 2008

don't know where this one came from

So MyGal walked into the kitchen this morning, looking all dejected, and said, I just got fired from my job. Everybody hates me.

I am never really sure when a pretend game is going to show up, and when one does, I usually have no idea what my role is. Playing it safe, I replied, I'm sorry to hear that. What job did you get fired from?

She slumped over the kitchen table and said, I teach people how to be Girl Scouts. And now the principal wants to kick me in the butt.

She's not even actually in Girl Scouts. Or school. I don't think she even knows any Girl Scouts, aside from two GrownupGirl Scouts that she probably doesn't realize are Girl Scouts. I can't make this stuff up, people. She just says it and I have to write it down.

This post is dedicated to my blog stalkers at the local GS office.

2 comments:

  1. Well, now that you mention it, I think it's about time MyGal learned about GS. Then she can rest assured that no matter what you do you don't get fired from GS. (Unless it's really bad)

    Your favorite GS Lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good idea. She's totally in to going to meetings. Are there horses involved? Because that would seal the deal.

    ReplyDelete

talk to me, people. because you know i get all giddy when you do.