Saturday, April 5, 2008

popscicle

Doing their best to convince me that I should be the Doler-Outer Of Popscicles, the children were stumbling over the word. MyGal tried to assist NumberOne by breaking the word into syllables.

"Say it. POP." Pop.

"UH." Uh.

"GULL." Guww.

"No, that's not it. POP." Pop.

"UH." Uh.

"GULLS." Guwws.

"NO. Just say it right."

NumberOne followed with this list of possible ways to pronounce popscicle.
  1. pah scuh cle
  2. pah scah ble
  3. pah aahh kle
  4. pah gah gle
  5. pos gah gle
  6. pops gah gle

So there you go, in case you have tired of saying popscicle and are looking for something new to try out. Happy Saturday, people.

8 comments:

  1. ...and "myriad" is also an adjective, if you'd like to describe the many ways to pronounce popscicle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Professor Sassafras. Thanks for the education.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. I am partial to pops-gah-gle myself. It seems to roll right off. Anyway, fun blog. Your brain seems to function kind of abnormally- so, I really like it.
    XOXO
    Joce
    PS I also love your Laughing or Crying Game bit. I have seen it played at Rebisz family functions. Somehow it is stressful and entertaining all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that abnormal brain thing good? I mean, you're a professional nut cracker. Is it actually good or job-security good?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome, Pamela.

    It just seems strange that you would try to educate people about the use of words when you are, apparently, clueless.

    If you only blog about things you're knowledgeable on you might not have a blog, of course. That might not be a bad thang.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ironically Pamela does blog mainly on subject areas in which she is knowledgeable, HER KIDS.

    Honestly I don't understand why people on the interweb feel need to criticize others. If you dislike what she (or I) has to say, THEN DON'T read it. Seems simple enough to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. who is this david chap? he seems nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How am I supposed to know?

    I am apparently clueless.

    ReplyDelete

talk to me, people. because you know i get all giddy when you do.