Tuesday, January 27, 2009

apparently potheads love my blog

The inbox is always exciting here at the dayton time.  Did you know you can email me?  You CAN!!!  I know, you're sitting there, not sipping your coffee, just in case I'm snarf-inducing funny, and this knowledge that you can just plain email me for fun has caused a certain peace to rest upon your weary soul.

Or not.  I'm totally making stuff up here.  Because it's my blog, and I can, that's why.

But really, I did get this email from one Mark Thompson the other day.  (Fun fact:  Thompson is the second most common surname in the US.  Or maybe it's Johnson.  Never mind.  I am about due for my monthly installment of Getting Something Wrong.  So now I'm set until February.  Awesome.)

Hello,

Recently I visited your website the dayton time;while visiting your site I noticed that you link to
Heirloom Acres Seeds at this address: April Posts. As we are closely related to them, I would love to exchange links with your website, currently there are about 5,000 - 7,000 people per day that goto my site and search for information, Therefore I would to link to an excellent site like yours.

I have taken the liberty of adding your site to my home page: roll!tup.org to determine if it is of any benefit to you, if you have a stats program you can check it and let me know. By looking at my stats, it looks like today I have sent you 30 visitors but it may change by the time you receive this email.

Some website owners do not like when other sites link to them so I thought I might ask first. I think the information on your website could be useful to my visitors; and maybe you could receive some extra relevant traffic if you want. Please get back to me when you have a chance to let me know if its ok to link to your website like this.

Have a good week,

Mark Thompson


So I went to his website and checked it out, and sure enough, he had linked to me! Fabulous! Except Mark runs a mar!juana growers support website. And he is offering me relevant traffic.

How truly odd! Do I strike you all as a ganjajuana lover? Have I posted recently...or EVER!! about the sweet cheeb?

I replied to his email.

Dear Mark,
Seriously? You visited my blog? And you think I grow weed?
That is truly amazing to me.

Sincerely,
Pamela

P.S.
What stat tracker do you use? Because Sitemeter hasn't shown me any hits from your website. Maybe I need a better tracker.


Then I forwarded Mark's grammatically incorrect email to the Kirk Family, who run Heirloom Acres Seeds, and coincidentally do not sell the ganja. They do sell wonderful non-GMO seeds. We had an Heirloom Acres garden last summer. And we loved it. 

This is what Renate said:

Good morning. Thanks for the heads up; your right, no close relation or even knowledge of them. I will have by husband check out the info and take care of it.
Thanks again, Take care, 
Renate Kirk

And Mark? I never heard from him again. Also? No hits from his site.  Except I'm still linked.   Whatever.  Maybe they'll show up before the pickles giveaway ends.  I hear stoners like to eat.  

18 comments:

  1. Too funny. I get linked to at various bizarre places, but seldom take the time to track down just how messed up they are . . .

    You're diligent, if nothing else . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahahaha, you know you like the herb....were talking dill weed and orageno, parsley maybe some thyme if your feelin realy crazy! .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love emailing you.. it's like Googling you.. only better.. because you actually talk back. awesome.

    We should totally get high together this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Pot. The Mary Jane. THE Herb. It must be the herb talk that got him excited.
    Joce

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I ordered all my seeds and stuff from Heirloom Acres this year! It's the first time I've tried them, so I'm glad to see a satisfied customer. Hopefully they'l do as well in my garden as they did in yours. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I ordered all my seeds and stuff from Heirloom Acres this year! It's the first time I've tried them, so I'm glad to see a satisfied customer. Hopefully they'l do as well in my garden as they did in yours. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops! Sorry about the duplicate comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. of course pot heads love your blog! you show pictures of food, there are bright colors in strange shapes on the top of your blog. you're funny and easy to read!

    what's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I just peed myself laughing. Which might be more than you ever wanted to know. What? Pregnant women like you with three kids already have no interest in furthering such an agricultural endeavor? COME ON.

    BTW, loving the picture of sweets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was definitely the pickles that got him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm ganga. Puff puff pass.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ouu, lucky, lucky you. don't we all wish we could get linked to such prestigious sites?!
    and i might have to go back to the wondering post because now i'm wondering why there are so many names for cannabis.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking about Mary Jane always makes me laugh. We had a GS person's husband get arrested for growing huge quantities. We at the office now call her MJ. I should check. Maybe you know her :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have not made a purchase from Heirloom Acre Seeds. But my wife found their web site through a link on another site. After reading reviews on their business I did some investigating. The Missouri Better Business Bureau rates them very low. The rating is an “F”. You can see for yourself by following this link.

    http://www.bbb.org/stlouis/business-reviews/seeds-and-bulbs-retail/heirloom-acres-seeds-in-new-bloomfield-mo-310248937#ratingdetails

    I have found that there are an abundance of people who hide their dishonesty behind the veil of Christianity. Be vigilant and beware.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

talk to me, people. because you know i get all giddy when you do.