Friday, January 16, 2009

what's a girl to do?

When it's absolute zero degrees outside? What would Pamela do?

She would park her pregnant self on the couch with her blankets and supersoftie pillow and The Mister and some hot tea and some knitting, and Pamela would watch Pride and Prejudice.

The one produced by the BBC.

The one where Mr. Darcy is played by Pamela's boyfriend Colin Firth.

Pamela's other boyfriend, The Miraculous Corn Bag of Warmth and Healing? Is also called Colin Firth. Because having more than one boyfriend is confusing enough without them adding to the problem by having different names. Seriously.

*****Updated, Saturday morning*****
I am so pathetic I couldn't even stay awake through the ball at Netherfield. We'll be trying again tonight.

6 comments:

  1. Is Mr Darcy played by anyone other than Colin Firth? If someone else dared play that role, they should be shot. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Firth is foxy. There. I said it. You're awesome. There. I said that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think even I'm hot for Colin Firth. Those sideburns, me-ow! Actually, I'm peering into the future and trying to figure if there's some way I can work my way into the father role, sitting at the head of the table, sporting the chin-length chops and making wry comments on the silliness of my children. It's good to have goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. one can NEVER ever have enough colin firths! i love that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear that I am not making this up.

    What did I do on Friday?

    Watch Pride and Prejudice...up to the ball at Netherfield Hall.

    Why? Because Friday was essay grading day and I need me some Colin Firth on essay grading day.

    Parallel lives, sister. It's SPOOKY.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear that I am not making this up.

    What did I do on Friday?

    Watch Pride and Prejudice...up to the ball at Netherfield Hall.

    Why? Because Friday was essay grading day and I need me some Colin Firth on essay grading day.

    Parallel lives, sister. It's SPOOKY.

    ReplyDelete

talk to me, people. because you know i get all giddy when you do.