Sunday, January 11, 2009

jason interviews the blogosphere...hey, that's me!

Jason, Hisveryownself, from The Jason Show, is conducting interviews. Why me? I hear you asking, I really do. Well, I volunteered. And as a rule, that is how I tend to get myself into trouble. By volunteering.

So here goes nothing.

Er, or here goes me, getting into trouble?

Questions:
1. What is the stupidest thing you've ever done?


Once, in college, on a Thursday night, because we only ever went out on Thursday nights after orchestra rehearsal, and also because of ten cent wings, we went to 'our' bar, The Oriole. I had quite a lot of Miller Genuine Draft (two or three...pitchers...) and drove home. My dorm was practically around the corner, not that proximity prevents accidents, or that I'm trying to justify in any way, because I'm not. More accurately, I'm thankful that it was only a short way and that nobody is dead. But driving drunk is really stupid.

2. What is your biggest accomplishment?

You had to ask. Mer. Meh. Blech. I am not really so good with telling about how I do so very much rock. But I guess I could say that my children are really lovely beings, and they care about each other a lot, despite the recent poundings they've been generously handing out to each other. They are thoughtful and considerate, and usually polite, and I would like to believe that I have had a hand in that. Not a literal hand. But a nice, loving, mama hand.

3. Would you rather walk naked through the grocery or store or lick all the meat at the butcher counter?

I would WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY rather lick all the meat at the butcher counter than walk naked through the grocery store. Even though I shop at Aldi, and walking through the store takes, like, 29 seconds, I would not do it naked. Especially if the short people are with me, not that they've never seen me naked, heck, all of them have spent lots of quality time with naked ol' me. But if they were walking through the store with me, it would take about 90 years, and I'd freeze my naked keister off by then. Also? I'd be dead. Ninety years is a long time.

4. Would you rather be a cashier at a convenience store or a lumberjack?

It depends on if the job is a one day experience, or a lifelong career. For one day, I'd rather be a cashier at the Kwik Mart. But for a career, I'd probably do better as a lumberjack. Then I'd be all tough and muscular and in shape, and maybe the baby house (you know, where the babies all lived for 10 months plus) would go away.

5. What is your best memory?

My wedding was pretty sweet. Having my babies was good, too. I think my life is really made up of good memories. Lately HB has been turning down affection from everyone and saying, I want to hug my mom. And he really does. And that is awesome.

So there you go, Jasonyourveryownself. Thanks for the probing interview.

If anybody has any further questions, leave them in the comments. We'll have the first installment of Open Book, Schmopen Book 2009 next week.

Good night and good luck.

9 comments:

  1. So, you're a lumberjack, and you're ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Melissa: Yes, but it's really okay for her to wear high heels, suspenders and a 'brar'; she is a girly after all.

    @Pamela: My stupid experience is very similar to yours (erk), maybe stupider (?). Another story for another time. And no walk through the grocery store 'a buffo'? I imagine there's those who'd pay to see that. Not me, you understand (hurriedly puts away video camera), but some others. I'm a gentleman, you know, and I'm full of the class! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good answers, course it helps having good questions. Mine are up today as well.

    And you'd never catch me with my (once) pointy bits out in the grocery store.

    Well if the question had been would you walk through the grocery nekkid in exchange for your mortgage being paid off, then yeah I probably would.

    See I didn't even ask for a million. God I'm a cheap date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, i sent you some MORE questions.. (but, of course, mine are better!..... okay, maybe not.) and... TAG! you're it!

    i'm gonna meme you like crazy, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the first time you had Chambord (sp?) at the Oriole. The next morning you told me how good it was while I puzzled over how you managed to get served there... oh wait.. THAT'S RIGHT.. I "chalked" your license for you. Only time I've ever defaced state property intentionally. You are still my favorite (aside from Matt) of all the roommates I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, there's nothing like a good co-conspirator to aid in the path to destruction.

    Oh...and...ah, chambord.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea, that's probably the stupidest thing I've ever done, too. Well, that, and letting The Diva move in with no rules. That was pretty stupid, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have to agree about your sweet children...especially after that whole parade story with the ASPCA commercial. Sweeties indeed...and most of us, at one point in our lives, have done the exact dumb thing you did in college.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would totally walk through Aldi naked, heck now I want to. Send money, make it worthwhile. I'm so there. Can I at least wear socks?

    ReplyDelete

talk to me, people. because you know i get all giddy when you do.