Monday, November 10, 2008

it's good to have goals.

I want to get another piercing.

Another? you ask, all shocked and stuff. Why, how many piercings do you actually have? And... are you... you know... tattooed?

No, I do not have any tattoos. Yet. I would like to get a tattoo, but I haven't been able to figure out a tattoo that would be completely unique to me. Unique, and also small. We aren't talking armband or backpiece here, people, also I will not be getting my plumber's crack tattooed. Because? Eeeeeewwwww.

And piercings? They are of the most standard and boring variety, in my ears. There are seven of them, and really, that's not excessive. Usually I wear earrings in three or four of them, today it's three, for the record, and I officially abandoned my left ear cartilage piercing when Miss O was about six months old, because? OW!

But I reallyreallyreallyreallyreally want to get my nose pierced. Nothing humongo or crazy, no bull-ring between my nostrils, just a teensytiny little diamond on the left side. Also? It does not have to be a diamond, just as long as it doesn't look dinge-y, like I slept wrong and got boogers all over where the shiny part should be.

This isn't a silly, Oh, dear, I'm IN MY THIRTIES!!!! sort of issue. I've been thinking about this for YEARS. Like, maybe, thirteen years. That is very nearly half my life, people, in case you didn't get to the point where you considered doing the math.

And speaking of doing the math? At my last appointment with my midwife, I donated to the pee cup, and then got on the scale. I guessed I had gained maybe 4 pounds, because there's only three parts of me that are bigger, and one is my belly. The other two are getting to the point where they can rest and relax on my belly (really, don't covet, and don't think you want that in your life, because you DO NOT!). Well, I did not gain just 4 pounds. The nurse told me what I actually weighed, as if I did not know how to read the scale, thanks! And then she told me what I weighed last month. AND THEN SHE TOLD ME HOW MUCH WEIGHT I'D GAINED, AND IT WAS A.LOT.YUCK. I said, Really. I hope they pay you a lot of money for those speedy math skills. Also? I have speedy math skills, accurate, too, and I do not want you to EVER do the math for me again. Because it sounds AW.FUL. coming from you. And not that bad in my head. Thanks.*

It was not good.

But I really do want to get my nose pierced. Someday. Maybe I'll wait until I can buy a little diamond for the pretty. Who knows?

What I do know is that it is a good thing to have goals. So today, I share with you my goal of getting my nose pierced. I hope you have very detailed and specific goals for your future, too.

*and I didn't actually say it like that. But I did tell her that informing pregnant women about how fat they're getting isn't a good way to make friends with them.

10 comments:

  1. DO IT. I finally did it last spring after YEARS of wanting to. I was so happy. Now? I'm going to get my lip pierced. And I think I need some more holes in my ears - I only have one in each.

    Tattoos? What? You don't want a tramp stamp? lol. me neither. I have one on my back and at least 3 more planned.. I also started out wanting 'just something small somewhere not totally noticeable'...

    so, my advice? DO IT. you'll be happy you did. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes backed up to the scale. My doc's nurses had told me that if I didn't want to know, I didn't have to - unless it was dangerous.

    As for the piercing, do it. And the tat? Do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I was in a tattoo parlor on Saturday and was THIS CLOSE to getting my nose pierced too! With a little teeny diamond stud! I chickened out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a teeny little diamond! Remember the diamond earrings I gave you for our anniversary a few years back? The short people only lost one of them. Let's go out for our anniversary and you can get stuck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. unless, you get it re-set, that won't work, mister..

    it's not actually a regular earring type jewel that they use, it's a 'nose screw' that she wants. but they do have a variety of sizes/styles/colors to chose from at a good piercing studio. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the month with hayden that I gained over 12lbs in one month, and I still had 4 months to go and gained about 6-10 in every month after that 12 lb month, it was devistating! I cryed all the way to my car then whent an got a king size bag of peanut M&M's

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do it!

    My sis has her nose pierced, just a tiny little stud and it's kinda cute! And I'm not even a piercing kinda girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do it. You want it, do it. It is simple enough, so why not?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just lamenting my lack of piercings the other day. All of them, gone. Nose, navel, tongue, crazy ears. Motherhood has sucked the wild right out of me, so I say, embrace it, go now and pierce thy nose!!

    ReplyDelete

talk to me, people. because you know i get all giddy when you do.