Monday, November 24, 2008

shameless plug monday: it's adpotion awareness month

I know, WAY TO INFORM YOU OF THE NEWS ALL AT ONCE, but I just found out about Elle, who is apparently awesome, and her Sweet Hope Truffles.

You can read Elle's story here, but I'm going to sum up because I know some people are too lazy to press their right forefinger on the link, and THIS IS IMPORTANT. Elle and her husband, Mr. Smartypants, adopted a son from Russia. As you may know, and I really hope you do know this, adopting a child is NOT CHEAP, no matter where you are adopting. Even here in the US, adoption is expensive. So Elle decided to make some stinking fabulous chocolate truffles and caramels, and she sold a bunch of them to help cover the cost of the adoption. The next year she decided to donate the money to another family adopting from Russia, and the year after that, and the year after that...

Anyway, Awesome Elle is STILL selling her chocolates. This time, her goal is to make a documentary about the older orphans and developmentally disabled orphans in Russia, children that nobody hears about.

I STRONGLY URGE YOU to go visit Elle, and to buy ten or twelve pounds of chocolate from her, because HELLO! FLAT-RATE SHIPPING!!!!! I am happy to email you my home address, should you have no idea who you should give these yummy bits of happiness and goodness. As you may know, I am becoming more and more exceedingly pregnant by the day. Also my midwife has denied my request to give me a chocolate IV drip.

Or, you could give the chocolates to your mother, or your sister, or your child's teacher, or yourself, or me, or your boyfriend's mom, or your old granny, or your librarian (they all usually like chocolate, too, I hear).

Click this button, right here. Yes, the one with the sweetiepie bumblebee on it. And see if you don't slobber all over your keyboard right then and there. Better yet, run and get a napkin first.

1581884212_57276dd550_o

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm....chocolate. You don't have to twist my arm. On my way now. You know, because I need another chance to gain weight over the holidays like I need a hole in the head. But for you? Ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome..I am putting a link on my blog too. Great Christmas idea...not only are you giving a YUMMY gift, you are contributing to something great. It cannot get any better than that! Thanks Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome lady! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela, Thanks for the mention!

    And as far as shipping goes it is by weight up to (I think) 5 pounds and after that it's only $14.00 or something like that. I don't know. But it is flat rate to Canada, Mexico, APO/FPO addresses and International depending on where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No kidding? Really? I'll go check her out. I have a huge place in my heart for adoptees, adoptive parents and everything in between.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sweetie! You did so good. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

talk to me, people. because you know i get all giddy when you do.