Sunday, November 23, 2008

just hanging out

We are having a quiet day at home today. We're blowing off church and staying home in our pajamas (with the exception of the Mister, who is leaving for a short time to preach at one of the churches our church is mentoring).

I got some bacon out of the freezer. It's the last pound from the pig we bought last year. I am a total bacon horder. Or bacon whore. Or both. If you have never had non-commercially produced bacon, you are missing out. Big time.

If you're a non-meat-eater, you're missing out, too. But I respect your choice, because it means more for me.

I'm knitting a wool soaker for HB. A soaker is a woolen diaper cover, for those of you non-cloth-diaperers out there. It is a pretty green (er, handsome). I am going to sit on the couch after we eat bacon and eggs and pumpkin bread toast, and I will drink coffee and knit until I am bored with that, or until I have to get up and make more coffee.

And the children will play.

And we will have potato soup for dinner.

The end.

9 comments:

  1. Oh am I jealous of your piggy bacon. We ran out not to long ago and have been craving it since. Christmas will not be the same without a pound of fresh piggy bacon. I agree store bought is NOT the same and pretty much tastes like cardboard now. Let me know how your soaker turns out..pics included. Have a great lazy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you wrote, "I respect your choice, it just means more for me." And I think you are a bacon whore. You can have all my bacon, unless it's sandwiched between tomatoes, bread and some lettuce. I gag when I see it otherwise. Isn't that strange? Actually, I suffered two pretty horrible miscarriages (I was pretty far along) and through both pregancies I craved bacon. I think psycologically I can only have it if it's in a BLT. Yeah, sorry to ruin your bacon fantasy here on a Sunday. I like sausage though. (that's what he said) Did that make it better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you wrote, "I respect your choice, it just means more for me." And I think you are a bacon whore. You can have all my bacon, unless it's sandwiched between tomatoes, bread and some lettuce. I gag when I see it otherwise. Isn't that strange? Actually, I suffered two pretty horrible miscarriages (I was pretty far along) and through both pregancies I craved bacon. I think psycologically I can only have it if it's in a BLT. Yeah, sorry to ruin your bacon fantasy here on a Sunday. I like sausage though. (that's what he said) Did that make it better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason, I thought it was important that I post that twice. Boy, I step away from the internets for three days and I forget how to comment properly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steenky Bee - maybe you posted twice because you were reading my mind and chimed in for me? I HATE BACON and LOVE BLT SANDWICHES. Weird.

    Pamela - I am having a PJ day, too. Of course, I quit going to church 4 years ago when The Church began telling me how to vote, but it was only a matter of time before something came between me and The Church - several things had been simmering just below the surface...

    Good luck with your wool soakers! I am going to take up being creative in my next life...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bacon reminds me of the time I was mixing a (mostly) girl band at a benefit BBQ. They were complaining about being down wind from the grill, all except for their boy drummer, who just wanted bacon on his sausage. mmmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  8. dude, WOOL Underpants there is just something totally wrong with that! I'm getting itchy just thinking about it. We totally had that day too! There the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know a pretty baby would would like a nice handmade Pamela Original... I'll clean your dishes for you? Remember that Maggot filled ABC vegetable soup? Yeah, you realize I was pregnant when took care of that nastiness? Yes... soakers are nice aren't they?

    ReplyDelete

talk to me, people. because you know i get all giddy when you do.