Friday, February 22, 2008

dear friend

I have only ever wanted you to be a happy, content person. And if being my friend was something that was good for you, then good. And if it is something that is not good, if I was not meeting your expectations of what a friend was, then you should absolutely not continue a relationship like that.

I'm not sure what you meant when you said you are not sure you can be everything I want you to be. I hope that any preconceived ideas you have about my expectations will go away. You see, I don't really have any expectations, and I haven't for years. All I know is that I really treasure the relationship we had, and it means more to me than a lot of things. And I know that life is difficult, and people are difficult, no matter what we try to be; and if something is important enough to me, I work for it. Being who I am, I tend to beat the dead horse into the ground, and I have felt for quite some time that I beat this very dead horse at least six feet under. But if you're thinking good ol' Bessie might have a little whinny in her, you know where to find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me, people. because you know i get all giddy when you do.