Wednesday, February 6, 2008

who knew?

People can be so ridiculous sometimes. The things on which we choose to spend our time and energy, the people with whom we surround ourselves, the battles in which we engage...it can be downright puzzling. I am so tempted to Go There about my church's annual meeting that happened last night, but I will refrain, and instead turn your attention to this little bit below.

There is a website chock full of silly surveys and whatnot, and one of its features is to tell us the True Meaning of Names. Be thou entertained (or not) with its offering regarding my moniker; be thou also informed that the Husband's name's meaning is a near copy of mine, however, he has the encouraging message: You are the total package - suave, sexy, smart, and strong. You have the whole world under your spell, and you can influence almost everyone you know. I am pleased to inform you that I had that information prior to finding this website.


What Pamela Beth Means

You are influential and persuasive. You tend to have a lot of power over people. Generally, you use your powers for good. (That's my super power...I am Uses Her Powers For Good Girl.) You excel at solving other people's problems. (More correctly, I am interested in other people's problems.) Occasionally, you do get a little selfish and persuade people to do things that are only in your interest.


You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection. You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive. You have the classic "Type A" personality. (I think we all know I justsortofkinda lean a little bit in the direction of Type A.)


You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated. (Depending on the situation.) You master any and all skills easily. You don't have to work hard for what you want. (I totally missed that memo.) You make your life out to be exactly how you want it. And you'll knock down anyone who gets in your way! (Not so...my kids will tell you I never knock them ever. Not even on their noggins to see if anyone's at home.)


You are friendly, charming, and warm. You get along with almost everyone. (That's pretty true. Getting along with someone is completely different than liking someone. And I do generally play nice with others.) You work hard not to rock the boat. (Ummm....I don't rock the boat intentionally.) Your easy going attitude brings people together. At times, you can be a little flaky and irresponsible. (One of my brothers actually told The Mister not to marry me because I'm a flake.) But for the important things, you pull it together. (This must be one of the reasons we're still married.)


You are relaxed, chill, and very likely to go with the flow. You are light hearted and accepting. You don't get worked up easily. (Thank God! That must have been a Whole Other Person getting worked up for the past 30.5 years and not me! What a relief!) Well adjusted and incredibly happy, many people wonder what your secret to life is. (Yeah, like me.)

You are full of energy. You are spirited and boisterous.You are bold and daring. You are willing to do some pretty outrageous things. Your high energy sometimes gets you in trouble. You can have a pretty bad temper at times. (All of the above gets me into trouble.)

You are a seeker. You often find yourself restless - and you have a lot of questions about life.You tend to travel often, to fairly random locations. You're most comfortable when you're far away from home. (No, totally and completely wrong. I like being at home so much it might border on the pathological.) You are quite passionate and easily tempted. Your impulses sometimes get you into trouble.


You are truly an original person. You have amazing ideas, and the power to carry them out. Success comes rather easily for you... especially in business and academia. Some people find you to be selfish and a bit overbearing. (I have been told that those people are the people who don't really know me. And also that I'm one of the least-selfish people around. That's just what I've been told be Real, Live, Actual People. Not Computer Generated Silliness.) You're a strong person.


No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me, people. because you know i get all giddy when you do.