Thursday, May 14, 2009

qype dot com.

I love London, England.  The Mister and I went there on our honeymoon, three weeks after we were married, in December of 2001.  It was amazing.  The sights, the people, the shopping… the pubs.  It was only eight short years ago, but back then, I could put the pints away.

 

The most difficult part of visiting London was deciding what to do and where to go.  We wanted the fish and chips, but where is the best place to get that?  We wanted to hit the really traditional pubs, but we had no idea which ones were not to miss.

 

Enter Qype.  If only Qype had been around back then.  Qype is a review site for restaurants, pubs, arts and entertainment, health and beauty establishments, night clubs and other London events.  And oh my word, it is easy to use.  Simply click on the category you are interested in to peruse your options, or use the search feature and you’ll be provided with a list of options to suit your preferences.  For example, if you search “pubs London”, you’ll get a list of 5577.  Imagine the pub crawl you could have with that many pubs… you’d be busy for the rest of your life, or at least the next fifteen years.  From there you can narrow your search, if you were not interested in sorting through that many options.  If you’re looking to eat out every night for the next 30 years, you could work your way through the 12,877 restaurants listed when you search ‘restaurants London’.  So many options, so little time!

 

Qype is a great site for all you Londoners out there who are looking for something new to try, and also for tourists who want to be assured of the true London experience.  The next time you want to go out on the town, be sure you consult Qype to find the perfect event!

5 comments:

  1. wow ... thanks. now i know.

    you know ... just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are they sending you to London now? cause i'd gladly pimp them on my blog if they want to send me to London!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They specifically told me not to say. I find that odd, but oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never have been, and probably won't ever get, to London. But if I do, by that point, I'll be expecting a personal tour guide. It's the only way I'll survive . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhh PUBS! Yes, PLEASE!! England is on my list of places to visit!

    ReplyDelete

talk to me, people. because you know i get all giddy when you do.