Monday, September 29, 2008

everybody wants the nuts.

"The time has come", the mama said,
"To talk of many things:
Of filth--Soap Nuts--and Laundry Tree--
Of all the things you'll clean--
Also who won my give-a-way
Let's keep our laundry green."

"But wait a bit, the entrants cried,
"Before we have our chat;
For none of us have heard from you
And we are sad of that!"
"You're Nuts!" said the Pamela.
They thanked her much for that.

"I must choose two," the Mama said,
"For two is what they gave:
Two starter kits do forty loads
That's very nice indeed--
One hundred gram bag of Soap Nuts
And now we can proceed."

Random Number Generator,
The Mama Googled you.
She typed in one and twenty-five
An easy thing to do!
And then two numbers popped right up.
Hey, this is fun to do!

"It was so kind of you to come!
And you are very nice!"
The readership said nothing but
"Stop playing with the dice:
We wish you would just tell us now--
Don't make us ask you twice!"

"It seems a shame," the Mama said,
"To play them such a trick,
They've left comments all weekend long,
And none of them seem thick!
The readers sighed and rolled their eyes
"For Heaven's sake, be quick!"

So here they are, the two numbers,
The winners...is it you?
The first is number eighteen--Jill,
Twenty-four is Michelle.
Send me your mailing address, please,
I'll email Laundry Tree.
Then they'll send you a starter kit
Of Soap Nuts. Yes, it's FREE!

************************************



I hope you enjoyed my little rhyme. I got the idea from this wacky bit of poetry. Michelle K. and Jill, be sure to email me your addresses speedy quick, so you can enjoy your Soap Nuts as soon as possible.

Now we return to our regularly scheduled programming.

7 comments:

  1. So about these nuts... Can you use them on carpet smells/stains? Although you have never steered me wrong, I can't help but be slightly apprehensive. But if they work to get dog smells out and hubby's uniform smells out, particularly some Iraq ones I will be a believer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to the website, and check out the FAQ's. If they don't have what you're looking for, send them an email. Their customer service is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot Damn! I win I win I win
    nananabooboo!


    I'm so excited! Can you tell!

    Sweet!, so what should I soap nut first?

    by the way your poem kicks ass! well worth the weekend wait for your creativity!

    PS... Go read about granny givin some nursins over at the Daniels 5!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you still have my e-mail address e-mail me again, because I don't seem to have yours! sorry,

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can reach me at this address:

    the dayton time (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the nut winners! I loved your rhyme BTW. Clever, clever. Congrats ladies. May those nuts be everything you never knew you needed, but now you do!

    ReplyDelete

talk to me, people. because you know i get all giddy when you do.