Thursday, September 11, 2008

regarding the pudding club

I asked the great and powerful googles about euphemisms for pregnancy, and 'in the pudding club' was the most ridiculous one. *Clarification: the most ridiculous one in my humble yet insane pregnant opinion.* The term travels far and wide to Back In The Day, when folks found themselves eating puddings that were far from Royal, made from things like brains and whatnot, and baking them in the oven. Lalala, in the oven, lalala, bun in the oven, lalala in the pudding club.
Are we all together now? Here? And on this page?

Super.

I haven't really mentioned it lately, because a number of other bothersome events have arisen, but the whole pudding club membership is going much better. The Perpetual Desire For Barfing And Dying has been replaced with a Lesser Desire For Barfing And Not Dying Anymore. And only between the hours of 6 p.m. and midnight, which is a significant improvement from Hours Of The Day In Which I Find Myself Breathing. It's lovely, I tell you.

And I've discovered a few happy protein items that are Total Barf Preventatives: South Beach (yes, that South Beach) Protein Bars, peanut butter flavour; and hummus. That's only two, not a few, but I'm trying not to barf on the keyboard here, so we're just going to move on. I have always known about hummus, and it only recently occurred to me that I should, umm, you know, make some.

An aside: Wee Man just about gave himself a medical issue when he found out I was making Yummy Tummus today. I was all, Dude, it's just some beans and stuff, and he was all WOOHOOWOOHOOWOOHOO!!!!! and jumping and crashing into the cupboards, and I was all, Go away, I will never be able to explain it to your father if you hurt yourself celebrating hummus. So he woohooed himself into the living room, right onto his backside and cracked his head on the arm of the sofa and the hardwood floor. That's right, Wee Man, rock your celebration!

Anyway. I spent today making out with my hummus and a bag of tortilla chips. And tomorrow I will make pita bread, and slather it with hummus whilst it is still warm, no matter what people say about eating bread straight from the oven being bad for you.

Additional pudding related info: Sweets is approximately 1.25 inches long, and weighs 0.25 ounces. My face is approximately the same size and shape as it was two months ago. Except for the raging acne that makes me seriously consider the-pillowcase-on-the-head as a viable option, and the 25 percent of my life in which I think I ought to be barfing, we're all good up in here.

9 comments:

  1. Yay for an improvement on the not barfing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh. So sorry on the all-day sickness. I had true morning sickness, and that was god-awful enough.

    But yay for finding foods that do not encourage the gag reflex. What's crazy is that so often it's foods we love that make us want to hurl. I mean, coffee, coffee! It's my life, my sole reason for exiting my bed in the morning. Number two is my actual children, who become much more lovable after I drink my joe.

    Hope you get more of a reprieve soon, and yay also for your little one diggin' that Middle Eastern goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here I am, eating hummus while reading this!

    And Wee Man? Come to my house. We always have hummus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would share with you what made me not feel like barfing whilst pregnant (I sound professional, don't I with the whilst & all), anyways, but I'm afraid it might just make you barf. So I'll skip it.

    So glad you're feeling better!!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She wasn't rude! It's just... umm... confidential and stuff.

    And besides, I'm totally into removing things from my blog lately, if you haven't noticed. It's the dayton time slash and burn. Or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhh the nausea is the worse! i hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok thanks for removing my comment, just so everyone is on the same page, It was very volgar!!! (or valgor or oh what ever) sound it out, it sounds right to me, so I am going to make my self sound even more unintelligent, What is the Pudding club? I'm not on the same page with you....thanks for helping out the special ed kid!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how do you computer savvy people get your smashing little pictures on here when you make a comment?

    ReplyDelete

talk to me, people. because you know i get all giddy when you do.